Studio MDR in Playa Vista

The Studio (MDR) in Playa Vista

When I walked into The Studio (MDR), I noticed that was that the class was filled with people of all ages, ethnicities, and sizes. This upended my perceived notion that a Pilates studio would be filled with perfect bodies. I did stand out with my brightly colored yoga pants in a room of people dressed in blacks and grays, but I felt welcomed by the team at Lisa Hirsch’s third and newest boutique studio, this one in Playa Vista. I felt especially welcomed since this was my first-ever Pilates style class. My instructor Casey was a powerhouse who kindly explained how to use the equipment and was unfailingly encouraging throughout the class.

The studio has 16 state-of-the-art Megaformer machines which offer constant resistance and a greater variety of exercise options than a traditional reformer. Lisa Hirsch says that The Studio (MDR)’s signature style is the Lagree Method, which encourages what she calls an “intense, total body workout to sculpt strong, powerful, and lean bodies in a safe and measured way. We combine the best movements from multiple disciplines to help clients from all walks of life get stronger, faster.”

The innovative and intense 50-minute classes are scheduled hourly on the half hour at the Playa studio (the other The Studio (MDR) locations start on the hour or the quarter hour). The vibrant RUNWAY complex location (with great acoustics) also features a Sweaty Betty pop up store with clothing from the fashion-forward British company.

I loved the experience of learning something new, felt taller post-class, and experienced the intention of Hirsch and her team to help students meet their goals. I’ll be back.

The Studio (MDR) Playa
12775 W Millennium Ste 15
(within the RUNWAY complex)
Playa Vista, CA 90094
424-835-4210
thestudiomdr.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired