Russell Simmons in Savasana at Tantris Yoga in West Hollywood

Russell Simmons in Savasana at Tantris Yoga in West Hollywood

Nestled in the heart of West Hollywood at 9200 Sunset Boulevard, the Tantris Yoga all-inclusive studio offers high-end, hot yoga classes, meditation, workshops, wellness services, kirtan and teacher trainings. Here you will be led by world-renowned yoga teachers and experts in field of yogic science. Despite the luxurious amenities, I assure you the studio is keeping it real with monthly themes to complement the essence of the ancient yogic teachings and a primary emphasis on the three pillars of Tantris Yoga: Daily Practice, Devotional Study and Karmic Duty.

Russell Simmons at Tantris Yoga in West Hollywood

Russell Simmons at the Tantris Yoga opening party in West Hollywood. Photo by Jamie Goto.

Tantris was inspired by co-founder Russell Simmons and his passion for yoga practice and philosophy. He is a devoted yogi who cares deeply about shifting the collective consciousness by spreading awareness on the benefits of a yogic lifestyle. Russell Simmons noted his passion to open a yoga center – “As an activist, entrepreneur, philanthropist and vegan, yoga and meditation has changed my life in so many ways. I wanted to open a space where I can share what is a part of me and what has inspired me for the past two decades. The goal is to create an educational environment for the wellness community, as well as attract and influence a new audience to pursue a more conscious lifestyle.”

Tantris Yoga Studio in West Hollywood

The view of the boutique at the Tantris opening night community gathering.

The Tantris space is complete with two infrared-heated yoga studios, which is note highlighting in our design process. Infrared is naturally produced by the sun and when absorbed by the body, causes it to increase blood circulation, which has many health benefits including: boosting immune functionality, detoxing and reducing joint stiffness. The studios also have surround sound, are partially mirrored with windows providing natural lighting, mounted on the wall is a beautiful deity of Lakshmi (the goddess of wealth, fortune, and prosperity). There is also a devotional wall that illustrates some of the most epic scenes and visualizations of Vedic culture.

Luxurious bathrooms called retreats include pebbled brass sinks, hotel-quality bathrobes, eucalyptus scented towels, and pH-balanced showers. The studio also offers a styling bar with onsite stylist, and a trendy boutique that carries mindful retail and the latest fashion designs for your yoga apparel both on and off the mat. Boost your energy at the juice bar, relax in the cozy lounge with city views, and even have your car parked by onsite, discounted valet.

I not only recommend this studio to anyone seeking to learn and experience the plethora of benefits that yoga has to offer but also to the avid yoga practitioners and teachers of this ancient science. The affordable monthly membership is a great way to get started or to deepen your practice. We hope to see you on the mat!

Tantris Yoga
9200 Sunset Blvd., #170 West Hollywood, California 90069
www.tantris.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired