Los Angeles welcomes all vegan, organic, and kosher fast food joint, Fala Bar.

Fala Me to Heaven, Fala Me To Runyon, Fala Me To KALEifornia. These are just some of the evocative names of the dishes at Fala Bar. This “always vegan, always fresh, always organic” and kosher fast food joint is located in an unassuming cafe in West Hollywood on Melrose near Fairfax. Perfect for takeout, the location also features a few sidewalk tables complete with spicy house made condiments to satisfy a casual diner’s desire for instant gratification in this innovative and delicious entry in LA’s healthy food revolution.

Gina Ragnone, Fala Bar team member and holistic health coach, curated the menu to carefully craft healthy, vegan, nut-free, mostly gluten-free (aside from pita which can be substituted with cabbage) dishes based on falafel. Before you underestimate the magic in what appears to be a simple the menu, you must taste Fala Bar. The five different varieties of falafel are made to order and also available as baked options. The original garbanzo-based recipe is spiced with cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, onion, and jalapenos. The spicy option adds red peppers and the crunchy variety is a simple mix with cumin, coriander, and salt. The unique sweet potato and kale falafels offer a surprising twist on a favorite high-protein plant-based comfort food.

The aforementioned Fala Me to….are the salad dishes, that feature your choice of falafel mixed with veggies such as mixed greens, mixed cabbages, Israeli salad, and humus (Heaven); or quinoa tabouli, Brussels sprouts, hummus, Israeli salad, and white cabbage (Runyon); or shredded carrots, sunflower sprouts, micro greens, humous, lemony kale, and quinoa (for KALEifornia). Don’t stop at the salads. The three falafel-based burgers are some of the best vegan options around. I’m already planning my next order and hoping to share some falafel with Gina.

Fala Bar, 7751 1/2 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046

323-424-7131, falabar.com

By Felicia Tomasko, RN, Editor-in-Chief of LA YOGA and President of the Bliss Network.

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired