Hot Yoga in Santa Monica

HOT 8 YOGA is Santa Monica’s newest and largest hot Yoga studio located on 2nd Street and Santa Monica Boulevard. Partners Linda Kim and Vincent Nicoletta along with help from friend and Hot 8 instructor, Deanna Ainsworth, opened the studio in May. “Hot 8 Yoga will provide you with the healthiest, cleanest and most carefully monitored and regulated practice studio you will find anywhere,” says Nicoletta. Hot 8 makes an effort to care for the health of their yogis by ensuring that the air quality in the studios is well oxygenated, properly humidified and disinfected. The studio has a complete air purification system resulting in an odor, germ, chemical and allergen free-environment to practice asanas. Hot 8 Yoga offers six different styles of classes (five Vinyasa and one Bikram-style) instructed in two uniquely designed rooms with state-of-the-art climate control for hot Yoga. Join in on unique hot Yoga fusion classes combining power Yoga, ballet and Pilates.

“Yoga in the heated room allowed me to feel, think and see from a new perspective,” Nicoletta says. “By incorporating varying degrees of heat and humidity in each of our classes, you will be able to safely deepen into postures, boost metabolism and most importantly detoxify the body through the largest elimination system, the skin,” he added. Hot 8’s slip-resistant, hypo-allergenic flooring is specifically designed for hot and humid environments. Locker rooms complete with showers and towel service are available. Hot 8 Yoga, 1422 Second Street, Santa Monica CA 90401. hot8yoga.com

Green Beauty Shop in 90210

After three years running L.A.’s first eco-conscious beauty boutique in Venice, California, owner Jean Seo decided to name her new Beverly Hills eco-chic beauty boutique “Évolué” because it represents the next evolution of green. Nowadays, it’s becoming easier to say something is “green” or “natural,” but the ingredients in Évolué products indeed prove to be organic. With a degree in library science, Seo personally investigated every ingredient found in the products sold at Évolué to ensure they are nontoxic, sustainably produced, effective and deliver beyond the standard requirements of “natural.”

The new store carries sophisticated green products to fit every beauty need from head to toe. “Evolue aids women in finding customized regiments that show results for each individual person,” says Seo. “Evolue provides samples of every product on its shelves, so customers can try products first instead of purchasing products as bathroom ornaments,” she adds.

Some of the must-haves Seo recommends for summer include: Erbaviva organic deodorant in lemon and sage, Leonor Greyl’s Huile De Palme Treatment for Hair, an oil that treats and protects hair while in pool or salt water, and Arcona’s Youth Serum, an anti-aging serum that improves hyper-pigmentation issues and neutralizes sun damage. “Évolué aims to make every woman feel comfortable about their beauty concerns and provide a warm, honest and welcoming beauty sanctuary for them,” Seo says. Évolué, 357 1/2 S. Robertson Bl. Beverly Hills, CA 90210. evoluebeauty.com

Brazilian Yoga in Atwater Village

After living in Brazil for five years learning and practicing Yoga, Liz McDonald single-handedly opened up her own Yoga studio inspired by her Brazilian teachers. “I like to connect with my students the way my Brazilian teachers did, (so) I decided to call my classes Brazilian,” McDonald says. Since she missed the personal connection her teachers made with her on the mat, McDonald brought it back into her practice. At BRAZILIAN YOGA & PILATES, McDonald incorporates the Brazilian “hands on” experience to her own Yoga practice, which fuses influences from Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini and Anusara. Brazilian Yoga & Pilates offers Hatha, Vinyasa and restorative classes for all levels as well as Pilates and a combination of Yoga and Pilates in “Mat Mix.” The new studio tucked away in Atwater Village was designed to appeal to the senses with soft synthetic grass, a selection of calming teas and the aroma of scented candles in the reception area; not to mention the state-of-the-art dance floor awaiting an intimate Yoga practice. “A sensual environment helps people turn off the analytical cell phone brain easier and get into their bodies,” says McDonald.

In addition to spreading her Brazilian Yoga love, McDonald hopes to build a community to empower women. “Many women have been empowered by their Yoga practice, and since I have built this studio alone, I would love to help other women out there who also have dreams, but not necessarily the means to achieve them,” she says. Watch out for pajama sales at Tuesday and Thursday night “Pajama Yoga” to help support freeing women from sexual slavery in India. Brazilian Yoga and Pilates, 3191 Casitas Ave. 110, Los Angeles, CA 90039. brazilianyogapilates.com

Kids Yoga throughout LA

From the East to the West Coast, Yogi Beans is expanding to Los Angeles. The New York-based program offers Yoga classes for children in different schools, studios and facilities now throughout Los Angeles. Yogi Beans aims to foster children’s enthusiasm for learning, actively encouraging physical self-awareness and promoting a healthy lifestyle and emotional wellness, says founder Lauren Rosenfeld. As a certified Yoga and Pilates instructor, Rosenfeld always had an interest in healthy child development, which evolved into creating a program to enforce healthy growth at an early age through the benefits of Yoga. Yogi Beans cultivates a welcoming, non-judgmental culture to increase self-esteem through classes that encourage a child’s natural behavior. Children will gain awareness of their bodies, while allowing their minds to flourish in a nurturing and creative environment making the practice fun and interactive. The program also provides adult and child classes including mommy and me for infants and toddlers and family Yoga for ages five and up. Yogi Beans, (310) 604 – 3399; yogibeans.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired