Cultivate Meditation and Wellness Meditation Center

CULTIVATE Meditation + Wellness is in vibrant and eclectic Atwater Village on Glendale Blvd. It has a soothing but eye-catching pink exterior, with crisp and bold black marquee. The indoor walls are a calming and neutralizing fawn with pillows and bolsters of elegant grey linen and pashmina throws that are arranged in a unique and comfortable setup engineered by the studio’s owner. The space appeals to the energetically sensitive, or anyone that is seeking to temporarily dampen the caustic energies of the day and cocoon for a while in a supportive environment.

The Inspiration for the Studio

I had the pleasure meeting with studio owner, Jen Stavitsky, a certified Reiki master, polarity practitioner, and mindfulness facilitator. Jen explains, “I am…introspective and have been connected to energy work since high school. I used to have chronic sinus infections and doctors weren’t able to help me.”

Seeking alternative solutions, she found cranio-sacral and polarity therapy. After her first session, guided to be aware of all the subtle energies in the body, she realized that she had been living with chronic pain on one side of her face.

“As I sat up, my pain was lifted. Meditation has shifted my life; it gave me tools, I feel, that everyone should be given from the time they are a little kid. After being involved in an industry where I didn’t feel connected to a purpose. I quit without a plan…but knew that I was going to dedicate myself more to this world and to doing something with purpose…but the decision to open a studio happened organically, over time. It’s definitely a rollercoaster, but we’ve had what I was looking for: really beautiful moments with people…not to mention having this beautiful space to reconnect to what we are doing is huge.”

Cultivate Meditation and Wellness

The Experience at CULTIVATE

CULTIVATE features, “a variety of meditative classes in a broad range of techniques including Mindfulness, Yoga Nidra, Sound Baths and Sound Healings, Kundalini, Past Life Regression, Hypnotherapy, Reiki, Breathwork, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), and more.” They cater to both the newcomer and experienced meditator. However, I found CULTIVATE uniquely appealing because all classes are centered around little to no movement. Therefore, anyone experiencing pain, limited range of motion, dizziness, or any number of other seemingly prohibitive ailments, can chose any class and easily participate fully. I was personally able to attend four of the classes and was delighted with each experience.

Learn More about CULTIVATE Meditation + Wellness

Cultivate Meditation + Wellness, 3229 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired