One Love Yoga in Pasadena

I love everything about this studio. So where do I begin? Ordinarily I’ll start with the setting and the vibe of the spot, however, it’s the people at One Life Yoga that stick out most in my mind. Founders, Samy Rose and Reza Samadi are both hip, humble, warm, excitable, and illustrious yoga practitioners. They are deeply passionate about creating an environment where people of all levels of yogic experience can come to learn and grow from a multitude of modalities and teachings.

Laura McCarthy, studio manager and resident teacher, offers a cheerful energy to the space, which is at once both welcoming and grounding. In fact, the communal atmosphere at One Life makes everyone, students and teachers alike, feel like old-time neighborhood friends. There is even a majestic German Shepard/Husky mix named Lily that enchants the space with her soft and friendly demeanor.

One Life Yoga in Pasadena

The Studio at One Life Yoga in Pasadena

Located in the serene, quiet mountainside of Northern Pasadena, the relaxed attitude of the studio seems to match its surroundings. It features a sleek façade, exposed brick, and modern décor. Yet it maintains a comfortable and cozy feeling; one of the two studio spaces is aptly called The Calm Room. With large fluffy carpeting and over-sized cushions, it is the perfect space to curl up and dive into the mysteries of Tarot or one of the other eclectic workshop offerings. The other studio boasts new wooden flooring and a sun-lit and spacious environment tailored for both hot and unheated flow classes.

Five Core Practices at One Life Yoga

One of the hallmarks of the studio is their structure of five core practice offerings. These include the following: Fire (held poses/hot yoga), Water (flowing vinyasa in medium heat), Earth (Yin/Restorative/holds without heat), Air (energizing Kundalini and breathwork inspired classes without heat), and One Life (multi-modality class in medium to high heat).

Other notables include their dedicated parking lot (off Washington Ave) with ample spaces. There are also private showers in each of the locker rooms. Check out their user-friendly app, powered by Mind-Body.

Whether you are a dedicated practitioner or new to yoga, the variety of classes provides an opportunity for you to find the practice you are seeking. In addition to their loaded schedule, the studio offers some Gratitude classes, with $5 or $10 suggested donation. You’ll see me here often!

More information about One Life Yoga in Pasadena

One Life Yoga, 1365 N Hill Ave Pasadena, CA 91104, 626-714-7447
onelifeyoga.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired