Liberate Hollywood

I was on a volcano in Bali, doing sunrise yoga, when I found out that Michael Jackson died. Fast forward nine years and I’m practicing yoga at Liberate Hollywood. This is the former Hollywood Sounds Recording Studio, where MJ recorded some of his most legendary hits. “Man in the Mirror” has never sounded so good.

Liberate Hollywood

Expanding Liberation in LA

Cristina Dam has owned Liberate Emporium in Los Feliz since 2010. She expanded the idea of liberation by taking over the old Hollywood Sound Recording Studios last year and rebranded it under the name Liberate Hollywood. Cristina transformed the former recording space into a place where “spirituality and creativity” unite.

Liberate Hollywood is a shop, space for events and classes, and somewhere you can receive healing services including Reiki, hypnotherapy, and readings. They offer meditation classes seven days a week and yoga six days a week. More classes are coming soon.

The space is one of the most unique locations where I’ve ever practiced yoga. More than 3,000 pounds of crystals were used in the walls and floors when owner Cristina remodeled the place. She says “The crystals add an extra energy and vibration that facilitate creative energy.” There is definitely a vibe when you walk into the place. You instantly feel like you’re somewhere special.

Rockstar Magical Flow

I’ve been attending the class Rockstar Magical Flow yoga with Lori Rischer on Thursdays at 7AM.  We actually do yoga IN the studio where The Doors, Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, and Donna Summer all recorded. Their hits pop up in the yoga flow playlist.  I think it was at least 22% easier to hold warrior pose while listening to “She Works Hard For Her Money.” Donna’s spirit was with me!  Lori Rischer‘s class is intimate, with personalized instruction, and won’t completely destroy you (or your hair) before going into work.  Other yoga classes include Oracle Yin Yoga and Crystal Infrared Flow.

Liberate Hollywood

Liberate Hollywood had their soft opening October, 2017. They are planning their Grand Opening for Summer, 2018.  Stop by for some of the most unique meditation and yoga experiences in the city, if not the world. Chill out with a sound bath while shopping for friends’ birthdays—or for yourself!  In addition to the regular schedule, special events such as motivational speakers, trainings, workshops and live performances happen regularly. For example, in March, more than 100 young women packed into Liberate for the inaugural “Her Music Club” with panels and performances. Look for more events and view the complete schedule online.

Where to Find Liberate Hollywood

Liberate Hollywood
6365 Selma Ave, Hollywood, CA 90028
323-745-0495
www.liberatehollywood.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired