Yoga and Spinning joins the vibrant Downtown Los Angeles culture.

Downtown LA is known for its multifaceted environment where creative expression and culture thrive. Whole Foods moving in represents one of the latest entries in the health and fitness components of the neighborhood’s revitalization. Part of the hood for over five years now, YAS, (Yoga and Spinning) has experienced a major renovation, offering a fresh landmark in the downtown wellness scene. Founded by fitness leader, Kimberly Fowler, the classes at YAS are designed to fit every lifestyle and are suitable for students of all levels.  

According to Kimberly Fowler and YAS VP Sherri Rosen, “YAS DTLA is a culmination of all that YAS is and all it strives to become. The openness of the overall design, sleek style of Spinning bikes, the earthiness of the yoga room juxtaposed against the street vibe of the custom wall mural that adorns the spin room expresses every facet of YAS. We’re raw, gritty, strong and open, warm, welcoming, and accessible to everyone.”

When I entered the studio, I immediately felt part of the family by the attentive staff and welcoming students. Master teacher Kristie LaTray is frequently voted one of LA’s top trainers and taught my signature YAS class: 30 minutes of spinning followed by 30 minutes of yoga with vibrant energy. Other classes at the studio include Yoga for Athletes, Power 30, and  Indoor Cycling.

Fowler and Rosen say of their downtown LA outpost, “You can find YAS opening in areas in which art and freedom of expression is celebrated. We go into areas that are up and coming so we can be a part of the fabric of the community once it evolves.”

YAS Downtown

831 S Hope St, Los Angeles

213-430-9053

go2yas.com

by Kimberly Saracino, a certified yoga instructor and Wayfarer Ambassador for the Wanderlust festival in Oahu, Hawaii. She loves to creatively express herself, travel, and spend time with loved ones.

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired