Wildest Greens Organic Food in Palm Desert

When we dedicate ourselves to a practice, we also become more interested in how we nourish ourselves through food. This is certainly the case for Denise DuBarry Hay. Denise is a dedicated yoga practitioner who owns the popular Palm Desert studio Bikram Yoga Plus. Her daughter Samantha owns the Bikram Yoga Kauai studio and her entire family practices yoga. Denise wanted to help her students—and other residents and visitors to the Coachella Valley—by providing delicious, high-performance food at her new restaurant Wildest Greens. She says, “The studio and the restaurant are connected by a desire to be healthier.  What you put in your body is 80% responsible for your health, what you do with your body is responsible for the other 20%.”

Wildest Greens Organic Food in Palm Desert

Denise says, “This restaurant is born out of my love of health and wellness. I fervently believe our bodies are at their optimum when we eat clean, detoxify, and incorporate exercise into our daily lives. After all, good nutritious, organic, healthy, fresh, raw foods filled with live enzymes, vitamins, and minerals – without fillers, additives, or preservatives – give us the building blocks we need for the vitality and health we all want.”

The all-organic menu at Wildest Greens features fusion cuisine to satisfy a variety of palates and dietary needs and preferences. The menu includes paleo, raw, vegan, gluten-free, and Ayurvedic (with a daily kitchari cleansing soup). Some of the popular menu items include: Vegan Faux Tuna Boats, Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric, and Bison Burgers. Other don’t miss choices are Turmeric Lattes, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Brekkie Burritos. Omnivores of all stripes and strict plant-based diners can break fresh bread together.

Smoothie at Wildest Greens Organic Food in Palm Desert

Farm to Table at Wildest Greens

It is truly farm-to-table with ingredients such as fresh-juiced turmeric from DuBarry Hay’s family farm in Kauai. Don’t miss the zippy Golden Dragon dressing that features the turmeric. Juices, coffees, teas, beers, and wines are all available. You can also order Wildest Greens’ own kombucha on tap. Cold-pressed juices and to-go items make a perfect grab-and-go. Some of Denise’s favorite menu items include the Turmeric Latte, Buddha Bowl, Supa Man Smoothie, and the Vegan Cauliflower Crust Flatbread.

Fulfill Your Fresh Food Fantasies

Wildest Greens’ tagline is “Fulfill your fresh food fantasies.” Denise says, “I opened this restaurant/market as a fantasy place that I would want to go. It seems that a lot of other people have the same fantasy.” If the initial community (and yoga student) response is any indication, Denise DuBarry Hay and her team are certainly fulfilling fantasies one meal at a time. The restaurant is currently open for brunch daily.

For More Information about Wildest Greens

Wildest Greens
72990 El Paseo #3, Palm Desert, CA 92260
760.636.0441
wildestgreens.com

Felicia M. Tomasko
Felicia Tomasko has spent more of her life practicing Yoga and Ayurveda than not. She first became introduced to the teachings through the writings of the Transcendentalists, through meditation, and using asana to cross-train for her practice of cross-country running. Between beginning her commitment to Yoga and Ayurveda and today, she earned degrees in environmental biology and anthropology and nursing, and certifications in the practice and teaching of yoga, yoga therapy, and Ayurveda while working in fields including cognitive neuroscience and plant biochemistry. Her commitment to writing is at least as long as her commitment to yoga. Working on everything related to the written word from newspapers to magazines to websites to books, Felicia has been writing and editing professionally since college. In order to feel like a teenager again, Felicia has pulled out her running shoes for regular interval sessions throughout Southern California. Since the very first issue of LA YOGA, Felicia has been part of the team and the growth and development of the Bliss Network.