Yoga Works Now Open In Tarzana

Yoga Works: Tarzana

San Fernando Valley dwellers can finally practice their favorite asanas at YOGA WORKS’s newest location in Tarzana. In response to a large volume of customer requests, Yoga Works paves way to a home in Tarzana, says Terri Seiden, Marketing Director of Yoga Works. This locale debuts with YW-X, a new cross training program that utilizes TR-X bands, providing a full-body workout and complimenting Yogaworks’s already stimulating Yoga classes, with rapid cardio-inducing exercises performed barefoot. Valley yogis can also enjoy their favorite Yoga Works class closer to home. The studio offers Yoga styles including Iyengar, Yoga blend and Vinyasa flow for all levels. Don’t forget about other challenging classes such as mat Pilates, BarWorks and SculptWorks. This Tarzana location features four spacious practice rooms, locker rooms with showers, complimentary towel service and a community lounge with wireless internet. Purposely and conveniently located next to Whole Foods, yogis can get a healthy Yoga fix and shop without even having to move their car. Tarzana Yoga Works, 18700 Ventura Blvd. Suite 210 Tarzana, CA 91356. yogaworks.com

Vegan Manicure and Pedicure in NoHo

Mani-Kir Royale Nail & Beauty Lounge

Now vegans can enjoy a completely eco-conscious manicure and pedicure in a classy and chic nail oasis in the heart of North Hollywood. Mani-Kir Royale Nail & Beauty Lounge, which reopened last May under new ownership, launched their vegan manicure and pedicure services. “I know there are a lot of people in L.A. who would be interested in a vegan manicure and pedicure,” says salon owner Debby Escalante. “It gives them (vegans) the option to keep that lifestyle,” Escalante says. Most of Mani-Kir Royale’s already popular nail services can be vegan upon request. The full-service beauty bar uses Shel Pink’s SpaRitual, a vegan line of holistic beauty products. All Pink’s products used at Mani-Kir Royale are biodegradable and free of synthetic fragrances, dyes, oils and parabens. Choose from twelve vegan nail colors and enjoy SpaRitual’s scented products including the affirming scrub masque formulated with Indonesian ginger essential oils and micro-algae as well as a callus remover scrub made with Japanese green tea. Mani-Kir Royale’s vegan manis and pedis are one of a kind. Sit back. Be green, and toast to your vegan nails with a glass of fruity champagne. Selected vegan spa treatment products by SpaRitual are also available for purchase. Mani-Kir Royale Nail & Beauty Lounge, 11008 Magnolia Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91601. manikirroyale.com

Yoga in West Covina

As a native of West Covina, it was only natural for Antoinette Contreras to open a Yoga studio in her hometown. “I know and understand the community of West Covina and the local cities (and) Yoga can be intimidating (so) I’m here to make sure that it’s not,” Contreras says. YOGANETTE made its debut with Yoga classes for all levels featuring a variety of teaching styles including prenatal and kids Yoga. Beginner classes instill the fundamentals of Yoga focusing on alignment and proper posture at a slower pace. All levels classes work on balance, strength, flexibility and stamina while exploring deeper into the asanas. “I opened a Yoga studio because not only does it give me the opportunity to share the benefits of Yoga, it also gives me a chance to help others and share my experiences and love with natural healing, healthy eating and living,” says Contreras. At Yoganette, feel free to make yourself at home because this “family-oriented” studio is always comforting and welcoming to new and returning yogis. Yoganette, 2360 S. Azusa Rd. Suite C West Covina, CA 91792.yoganette.com

–– By Melissa Chua, who has a degree in journalism from CSU-Northridge: m.chua13@gmail.com

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired

Stay Informed & Inspired

Stay informed and inspired with the best of the week in Los Angeles, etc. and more ...

Stay informed & Inspired