The cover of this inspiring book, Dancing in the Unknown features the collection’s editor Betsy Chasse as a vibrant, be-dazzled, ethereal figure leaning back into…. well, the unknown. She represents every person who ever took a leap of faith, even if they had no clue where they would land.
What Happens if we Jump off the Ledge?
Chasse is a prolific author and filmmaker, best known for the iconic What the Bleep Do We Know?! This compilation of true stories features writers who talk about the visceral moments in which they asked themselves the question, “What happens when we jump off the ledge?”
In this book’s introduction, Chasse sets the stage on which she ushers readers to vicariously dance with the contributing authors. She breaks down the word knowledge into its component parts know and ledge, inviting readers to acknowledge that when we seek to know, we teeter precariously at the edge. It can be frightening or enlightening, un-nerving or invigorating.
The collection’s articulate authors range from attorneys to coaches, from sales managers to producers, from teachers to business owners, from photographers to therapists. Each one of them shares their steps in the process of actually making that jump. The chapters cover a multitude of topics.
Dancing in the Unknown Topics Covered
These include some the following ideas:
- The ego, which gets a bad reputation, can be used to elevate and not separate us from each other.
- Combining the concept of YOLO (You Only Live Once) with accessing the self-loving part of us.
- How our children can become our teachers and help grow us up.
- Trusting in divine guidance on a whirlwind tour that leads to intimate ecstasy.
- Ways that commitment in the face of uncertainty reaps rewards.
- Entering the vortexes in Sedona and finding home there.
- How stormy seas prepared one man for navigating cancer treatment.
- Being one’s own graceful dance partner.
- How one can tame their inner anger dragon.
- Trusting instinct and intuition to make decisions.
- Recovering from brain injury and re-creating a life.
Become a Mover and Shaker in Your Own Life
The book concludes with Chasse’s invitation to become a mover and shaker in your own life, as you immerse yourself in the music that perhaps only you can hear and the drumbeat/heartbeat that is unique to you. She has also created a community of kindred spirits on Facebook who dare to dance in the Unknown as well. When you pick up the book and start reading, be open to the wonders that await you!