We are Deserving of Transformation
Welcome to Taurus Season! Taurus is bringing us major sacred feminine Empress vibes. You can identify these moods in your life as simple creature comforts that provide pleasure for the five senses. These include: anything that brings harmony, rest for the physical body, comfort foods, time with Mother Nature, the inpso needed to transform our environments into a Garden of Eden, and material abundance and money, baby! Say it with us, “WE ARE DESERVING!”
Taurus rules the foundations of the Here and Now in our lives. These foundations that we build must be seeded into grounds of fertility. For us to harvest prosperity, we must dismantle the old structures built on deficiency in order to reap rewards the season has for us.
Full Moon in Scorpio Energy
It is time to prepare as the the ominous Full Moon in Scorpio takes place on Monday, April 26. The energy of this time will aid us in the rebuilding process. Scorpio is the opposite sign of Taurus, and offers us a necessary balance to this season of fruitful harmony. Blooming and decaying come hand in hand; each is necessary for the other. While Taurus is fertility and life, Scorpio is transformation and death.
Scorpio and death are highly misunderstood in our society. In many cultures, death is seen as a beautiful transition, not an ending. Our polarized view of death as permanent and powerful, reinforces the illusion of control and can be wrapped up in our personal attachments as well as triggering our deepest fears.
This is the lower octave of Scorpio; it manifests as control dynamics in relationships. Intense feelings like jealousy and envy, addictions, and taboo subjects and secrets. It is through the higher octave of Scorpio, which is transformation, that we can harness its mighty energy, by releasing our fears and control and transforming it into our power.
This is the essence of the Scorpio Full Moon. The Universe bestows us with abundance. This flourishing can only occur when the transformation takes place beneath the surface. Let’s dive deep during this cleansing Full Moon cycle.
Releasing Fear and Transforming It Into Power
In order to release the fears that are entwined with the lower octaves that can come up during this Full Moon in Scorpio, we must be willing to acknowledge them. And to let them go. Don’t worry, we won’t travel into the underworld without a light!
- 1 white candle
- 2 pieces of paper and a pen
- 1 lighter, matches or a flame
- A willingness to be honest with self
The Full Moon Ritual
- Step 1: Dim the lights in your space, or turn them off altogether. This serves a reminder to go into the dark spaces.
- Step 2: Light the white candle, which represents the purity of our dark truths, that ultimately light the way.
- Step 3: Write a list of everything you wish to release and relinquish. This includes: fears, control dynamics, characteristics of the shadow self, whatever arises when you start writing.
- Step 3: Reread this list, and then bring it outside under the rays of the Full Moon. In a safe environment, burn the list as an act of release.
- Step 4: Now, make a list of everything that inspires your positive personal power.
- Step 5: Incorporate these qualities into your practice by reading them daily until the Moon moves out of Scorpio on May 28. This will release your fear and allow you to embody the transformation to embody these positive attributes and qualities.
Full Moon in Scorpio at ASTRO.GONG.YOGA
Join the community at ASTRO.GONG.YOGA for a ritual experience to prepare for the Full Moon in Scorpio and clear old energy from your life and invite in the new. Sign up here to attend on Saturday, April 24 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm at ASTRO.GONG.YOGA.
Britney is an astrologer and writer for ASTRO.GONG.YOGA, a sound healing and yoga studio with an astrology-informed approach located on La Brea. She was chosen by the stars a century ago to serve as a mediary for the collective and is an ongoing student of astrology and occult knowledge which she’s been studying her entire life. She believes the ancient language of astrology is a bridge between Source and self and she uses it as a tool, as well as her intuition, as a way to guide others to their truth.