New Moon in Aries: The Astrological New Year
Happy Astrological New Year, yogis! The Astrology community marks the start of the year in tandem with the seasons. And now Spring has sprung, so this is the beginning of all beginnings. We’re wrapping up the past year that was spent in the process of transforming the parts our lives that were deadening to our spirits. Sometimes that transformation might have happened against our will at first, but hopefully, in retrospect, we can see the places where some things may have served our greater good. Now, as we launch into the first New Moon of the New Year, Aries has something to teach us about what it means to be spirited beings.
The Spirited Aries Nature
Aries are the most enthusiastic of the Zodiac signs; they give new meaning to the word spirited. They are the fire sign that represents the initial spark and entrance of Spirit into the body. Aries beings are excited by life! They represent the ages one through seven, a time period during which we interacted with life as if everything was a first experience. You can recognize this in the Aries nature.
Act, Align, Accelerate
You begin to recognize this in yourself by paying attention to the instinct and motivation that rise within you and allow you to assert your will and to GO!! (Also an Aries thing). This is what makes us want to ACT, ALIGN, and ACCELERATE toward what makes us feel connected, excited, and spirited. When we connect to what makes us feel spirited…we begin to walk hand in hand with Source, and truly co-create the lives we desire.
As humans we often forget that we are the individual streams and rivers connected to an almighty and large oceanic Source. You can call it God, call it Universe, call it the Divine, call it what you will, but it runs through us all at every moment of the day. With that being said, we are co-creators. We may “know” what we want and desire, but Source knows what’s possible and purposeful per our paths, and the collective.
While we hear that New Moons are potent periods to set intentions and create goals (and they are), we don’t always possess the full scope of what Source can see. This is where the choice of being a spiritual creature comes into play. Because it is when we are connected to Spirit that the mind and the ego can be silenced. When we are connected to what makes us spirited, Source runs through us, and we are guided to what is sacred to our highest being.
Moon Time Ceremony and Workshop for New Moon in Aries
Connect to Spirit During the New Moon in Aries
- Ask for guidance, assistance or signs from Spirit, Universe, your angels, wherever your connection exists – let them speak to you.
- Pray – surrender the confusing portions of your life.
- Meditate – if you already have a practice, meditate more, this will clear your vessel so you can be a conduit to Spirit.
- Make a list of what lights you up- the things that ignite you show the direction to go toward.
- Make a list of what makes you contract – know what extinguishes the flame to build awareness.
- Record yourself – speak out the uncertainties, the mind has a tendency to muddy our connection with Spirit.
- Listen to music that makes you feel expansive.
- Educate yourself on the Sacral Chakra – Aries rules the Sacral Chakra.
- Trust your gut feelings and hunches.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes while learning to navigate your way to Spirit.
Britney is an astrologer and writer for ASTRO.GONG.YOGA, a sound healing and yoga studio with an astrology-informed approach located on La Brea. She was chosen by the stars a century ago to serve as a mediary for the collective and is an ongoing student of astrology and occult knowledge which she’s been studying her entire life. She believes the ancient language of astrology is a bridge between Source and self and she uses it as a tool, as well as her intuition, as a way to guide others to their truth.