Blissful Sleep with Essential Oils on Your Feet
One of the most precious commodities for vibrant health is a good night’s sleep. Although there are many factors that affect the quality of your sleep, consider using essential oils on the bottoms of your feet before bedtime. Doing so can help you drop in, unwind, relax, and then experience blissful sleep.
To enhance your slumber, place a drop or two of any essential oil from the list below in your palms, gently rub them together, cup your hands to your nose for a deep inhalation, and then rub the essential oils on the bottom of your feet.
6 Essential oils for Blissful Sleep
The following essential oils are known to have relaxing qualities to promote a restful night’s sleep.
• Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm.
• Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) has a warm, woodsy aroma that creates a comforting, uplifting experience.
• Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) means “flower of flowers.” This sweet flower has been used to cover the beds of newlywed couples on their wedding night because this powerful oil helps balance male and female energies. It also supports focus and restores peace.
• Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides) comes from a perennial grass native to tropical regions in Asia. It has an earthy, exotic aroma that has a cooling effect on the body and the mind.
• Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is produced from the distillation of the botanical’s root. This unique and grounding fragrance is calming to the mind and soothing to the muscles. Valerian can even help detoxify emotions for a sweet night’s sleep.
• Bergamot (Citrus aurantium bergamia) has a tart, sweet and uplifting aroma that can induce relaxation. It is a wonderful oil to blend with Valerian and/or Cedarwood.
Sweet Dream Foot Rub Blend
Combine three drops of Vetiver, five drops of Lavender, and two drops of Ylang Ylang. Mix in a tablespoon of Jojoba or Sweet Almond carrier oil.
Massage to the bottoms of your feet before bedtime in order to enjoy blissful sleep.