COMMUNITY

All things related and happening in and around Los Angeles.

Richard Greene on Progressive Activism and 279 for Change

Progressive Activism What was the turning point in your life when you started to dedicate your energies to activism and how do you include this in your life today? And how can people become more involved at this crucial time? Richard Greene on Actions for Progressive Activism I have always loved politics and civics. I [...]

By | February 12th, 2019|Cause & Activism, Don't Show on Home Page|0 Comments

New Yoga Gear to Support Goals

Need New Yoga Gear? Check out our Guide Shopping can be mission-driven when we find yoga gear to support goals. Support your practice and discover products produced by conscious and conscientious mission-driven small businesses. PATHWATER PATHWATER is on a mission to eliminate single-use plastic bottles by offering a sleek and stylish alternative. PATHWATER is the [...]

By | February 6th, 2019|Annual Guides|0 Comments

The Daily Harvest’s Refueling Station

When I walked into the The Daily Harvest’s Refueling Station pop up at the Westfield Century City location, I felt as though I had entered an empowering personal power station. It is fashioned to look like clean and healthy version of a gas station—where you can pull in and fuel up. The playful popup offers [...]

By | January 21st, 2019|Hot Spots|0 Comments

Persimmons Featured at Santa Monica Restaurant Week

Persimmon and Kale Salad at Massilia Taste a Variety of Persimmon Dishes at the 2019 Santa Monica Restaurant Week Persimmons may be one of the hidden treasures found in SoCal farmers’ markets in the late fall and early winter. Rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and healthy phyto-nutrients, with tastes that combine well with [...]

By | January 10th, 2019|Restaurants|0 Comments

OSEA Venice Skincare Studio on Abbot Kinney

OSEA: Ocean, Sun, Earth, and Atmosphere More than 20 years ago, multi-modality healer and spa director Jenefer Palmer founded OSEA Skin Care in her kitchen sink. She was inspired by her chiropractor grandmother’s use of seaweed for its reparative powers. These ocean veggies provides the star power for the brand’s nourishing blends. OSEA is still owned [...]

By | December 6th, 2018|Spas|0 Comments

Cat Yoga at the Cat Cafe Lounge

Follow the Paw Prints to the Cat Cafe Lounge There are not a lot of things that will get me out of bed on a snuggly Saturday morning with the sun streaming in through the windows. But this intriguing text from a friend, “Wanna come to cat yoga today?” certainly did the trick. Cat Yoga [...]

By | December 5th, 2018|Cause & Activism|0 Comments

Picturing Change: Animal Advocacy through Art

Photos by Natalie Ford, the exhibit’s creator. These are part of her collection, Sacred Art Series, Faces of Peace: The Buddha—photos of Buddha she has taken all over the world. She meditates and tunes in to each Buddha she shoots to get the right name and message for that Buddha. She sees animal treatment [...]

By | December 4th, 2018|Cause & Activism|0 Comments

Urban Yoga Center at Desert AIDS Project in Palm Springs

Urban Yoga Aligns with Desert AIDS Project Kristin Olson’s Urban Yoga in Palm Springs has long been a beacon of yogic community through classes, workshops, gatherings, fundraisers, and more. For example, Kristin and the team have sponsored Urban Teen Yoga at Palm Springs High School for PE credit for 20 years. And Kristin initiated discounted [...]

By | December 1st, 2018|Studios|0 Comments

Notorious RBG at the Skirball

Painting of Ruth Bader Ginsberg by Maira Kalman The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsberg: RBG at the Skirball “I’m not queen….I’d rather be notorious.” This now-famous quote from one of Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s public conversations adorns one of the walls at the exhibition Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth [...]

By | November 28th, 2018|Destination LA|0 Comments

Gift Selections for the Everyday Yogi

From clothing to conscious jewelry, a pilgrimage to foods and snacks to support health and wellness, check out our gift selections for the everyday yogi. Bohemian Island bohemianisland.com Gifts don't get much better than the unbeatable comfort of Bohemian Island's 100% cotton harem pants. All the way from the beaches of Thailand, these outrageously [...]

By | November 3rd, 2018|Annual Guides|0 Comments