COMMUNITY

All things related and happening in and around Los Angeles.

HB Yoga Collective in Huntington Beach

Photo of HB Yoga Collective by Carrie Cowan   The metamorphosis of the HB Yoga Collective is a homecoming for many like me who started their practice in this space when it was called Yoga Place and then when it was YogaWorks. Now a group of new owners—supported by a community who provided [...]

By | March 8th, 2017|new studios|0 Comments

Pause Float Studio

While I’ve heard people talk about the benefits of floating, my first experience floating was at Pause Float Studio in Venice. It is located in a nondescript storefront (at least from the street) on Washington Boulevard, just east of Lincoln. The moment I stepped inside the doors of this carefully designed oasis of relaxation, it [...]

By | February 24th, 2017|Spas|0 Comments

Veggie Grill adds VG Beyond Burger to their menus

There are times when our team has looked at each other while sitting at our desks to say, “Today is a Veggie Grill kind of day.” Whether it is the combination of comfort food made healthy and modern with a bit of SoCal fusion or the fact that anyone with any dietary restriction or conviction [...]

By | February 12th, 2017|Restaurants|0 Comments

Kelsey Patel on the Heart’s Capacity for Love

Photo by Molly + Co Photography   Sitting with Kelsey Patel in her penthouse loft in downtown Los Angeles, it is easy to see why this teacher, coach, and businesswoman is sought out by CEOs, entrepreneurs, artists, and celebrities for private sessions that include Reiki, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or tapping), meditation, and [...]

By | February 11th, 2017|Teacher Profiles|0 Comments

December 22 – Inspiration and Events

Russell Simmons at the Tantris Yoga opening party in West Hollywood From the Editor These days, it feels as though we need something to anchor us and keep us grounded amidst the challenges we face in everyday life on the local and global scales. I believe that gratitude can be one of those [...]

By | December 22nd, 2016|Don't Show on Home Page, Weekly Newsletter Archives|0 Comments

December 15 2016 LA Yoga Newsletter

(Foreground L-r) MICHAEL PEÑA as Simon, KATE WINSLET as Claire and WILL SMITH as Howard in New Line Cinemas’, Village Roadshow Pictures' and Warner Bros. Pictures' ensemble drama “COLLATERAL BEAUTY,” a Warner Bros Pictures release.Photo by Barry Wetcher From the Editor Every day, I experience something that reminds me to appreciate the present [...]

By | December 21st, 2016|Don't Show on Home Page, Weekly Newsletter Archives|0 Comments

Rise Hot Yoga

Around lunchtime on any given weekday, a parade of yogis with mats tucked under arm, towels slung over shoulders and gym bags in hand, cross Glendale Blvd as halted drivers peer over steering wheels. It looks like what might have become the album cover of Abbey Road had the Beatles lived in California long enough. [...]

By | December 16th, 2016|Studios|0 Comments

Tantris Yoga in West Hollywood

Russell Simmons in Savasana at Tantris Yoga in West Hollywood Nestled in the heart of West Hollywood at 9200 Sunset Boulevard, the Tantris Yoga all-inclusive studio offers high-end, hot yoga classes, meditation, workshops, wellness services, kirtan and teacher trainings. Here you will be led by world-renowned yoga teachers and experts in field of [...]

By | December 14th, 2016|Studios|0 Comments

Biologique Recherché & the Ciel Spa at SLS

There is a sense of relaxation invoked from the first moments of entering the Philippe Stark-designed Ciel Spa at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. The simplicity of the warm white tones of the spa and the gorgeous, distinctive design create an unparalleled and refined urban sanctuary. New partnerships at the spa offer an expanded [...]

By | December 13th, 2016|Spas|0 Comments

Great Expectations with Natasha Rizopoulos

Natasha Rizopoulos Photographed at her home in Brookline, Massachusetes by Tricia Gahagan. Natasha is wearing top by Hard Tail and pants by Jala Clothing   From Beachwood Canyon to Brookline, Massachusetts In 1996, while hiking the northern section of the Hollywood Hills, Natasha Rizopoulos had a “moment.” In that reflection, in the [...]

By | December 6th, 2016|Teacher Profiles|0 Comments