All things related and happening in and around Los Angeles.

Progressive Activism: Action in Everyday Life

Progressive Activism and The Progressive Era The Progressive Era, a long-time honored movement throughout history is a period of widespread social activism and political reform across the United States that spanned from the 1890s to present day bringing together concerned citizens actively marching, creating rallies and setting initiatives to focus on problems caused by industrialization, urbanization, immigration, political corruption and [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:02:49-07:00February 12th, 2019|Cause & Activism|0 Comments

Richard Greene on Progressive Activism and 279 for Change

Progressive Activism What was the turning point in your life when you started to dedicate your energies to activism and how do you include this in your life today? And how can people become more involved at this crucial time? Richard Greene on Actions for Progressive Activism I have always loved politics and civics. I [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:02:50-07:00February 12th, 2019|Cause & Activism, Don't Show on Home Page|0 Comments

New Yoga Gear to Support Goals

Need New Yoga Gear? Check out our Guide Shopping can be mission-driven when we find yoga gear to support goals. Support your practice and discover products produced by conscious and conscientious mission-driven small businesses. PATHWATER PATHWATER is on a mission to eliminate single-use plastic bottles by offering a sleek and stylish alternative. PATHWATER is the [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:02:54-07:00February 6th, 2019|Annual Guides|0 Comments

The Daily Harvest’s Refueling Station

When I walked into the The Daily Harvest’s Refueling Station pop up at the Westfield Century City location, I felt as though I had entered an empowering personal power station. It is fashioned to look like clean and healthy version of a gas station—where you can pull in and fuel up. The playful popup offers [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:03:03-07:00January 21st, 2019|Hot Spots|0 Comments

OSEA Venice Skincare Studio on Abbot Kinney

OSEA: Ocean, Sun, Earth, and Atmosphere More than 20 years ago, multi-modality healer and spa director Jenefer Palmer founded OSEA Skin Care in her kitchen sink. She was inspired by her chiropractor grandmother’s use of seaweed for its reparative powers. These ocean veggies provides the star power for the brand’s nourishing blends. OSEA is still owned [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:03:12-07:00December 6th, 2018|Spas|0 Comments

Cat Yoga at the Cat Cafe Lounge

Follow the Paw Prints to the Cat Cafe Lounge There are not a lot of things that will get me out of bed on a snuggly Saturday morning with the sun streaming in through the windows. But this intriguing text from a friend, “Wanna come to cat yoga today?” certainly did the trick. Cat Yoga [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:03:13-07:00December 5th, 2018|Cause & Activism|0 Comments

Urban Yoga Center at Desert AIDS Project in Palm Springs

Urban Yoga Aligns with Desert AIDS Project Kristin Olson’s Urban Yoga in Palm Springs has long been a beacon of yogic community through classes, workshops, gatherings, fundraisers, and more. For example, Kristin and the team have sponsored Urban Teen Yoga at Palm Springs High School for PE credit for 20 years. And Kristin initiated discounted [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:03:20-07:00December 1st, 2018|Studios|0 Comments

Notorious RBG at the Skirball

Painting of Ruth Bader Ginsberg by Maira Kalman The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsberg: RBG at the Skirball “I’m not queen….I’d rather be notorious.” This now-famous quote from one of Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s public conversations adorns one of the walls at the exhibition Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth [...]

By |2019-06-08T23:03:21-07:00November 28th, 2018|Destination LA|0 Comments
add_filter( 'gform_secure_file_download_location', '__return_false' );